The internet is rife with all kinds of SCAMs luring people with the promise of quick money. At BYTETODC, our goal is to de-construct each product and give you the best unbiased review.
Today, we are going to do a review of the ClickBank University (CBU). They have a great marketing video but is it as good as it claims to be? We find out.
CLICKBANK UNIVERSITY REVIEW
Introduction to ClickBank University
ClickBank University (CBU) was founded by Adam Horwitz and Justin Atlan in 2013. They are the two guys you see in the picture right at the top of this article.
First of all, what’s a ClickBank?
ClickBank is an affiliate marketplace for digital content creators (known as vendors) and affiliate marketers who promote them to the consumers. When the affiliates manage to market and “sell” the products on behalf of the vendors, they earn a commission.
Due to ClickBank’s success with over 30,000 transactions recorded daily, ClickBank University was formed, with the goal of guiding internet marketers to achieve greater success within ClickBank.
Riding on its earlier success, ClickBank University launched ClickBank University 2.0 which is an upgrade to their initial training course. The course is targeted at helping internet marketers to make money online within ClickBank.
Who This Product is For
I would say CBU 2.0 has its sights on two groups of people.
The first group is those who are keen to become affiliate marketers. In other words, they will just promote the products of other vendors.
The second group is for those who are keen to develop their own digital content products. It is this group that CBU is more focused on developing.
Pros and Cons
- Quality training videos for both affiliates (8 weeks) and vendors (12 weeks) ==> You have the choice to work towards becoming a successful affiliate or vendor (product creator)
- Ton of information inside
- Affordable entry price of $47 per month
- Forum is quite active
- Justin and Adam are pretty grounded in their presentation ==> not too hyped up compared to some other training I have seen
- Weekly webinars
- Entire course is geared towards vendors (product creation)
- A lot of information but disorganized. CBU 2.0 is better.
- Entry price is low but there is undisclosed upsell (CB Site Builder at $594) What?!?
- The forum is not bad but lacks the power of a true community
- Weekly webinars are available but topics are not very deep
- Content is drip-fed as they do not want to overwhelm us. Again, this just does not make sense!
Pricing for ClickBank University
The monthly pricing of $47 is quite a steal as CBU does provide a lot of information albeit disorganized.
What irks me most is the upsell!
Given that they put in much effort to produce this video training course, I am sure any serious internet marketer would understand and pay for the additional “upsell” had it been disclosed upfront. To keep it from customers and then to have that upsell land in our laps right after we made the first payment of $47….is simply not a class act. Sorry, I am not against upsell but the lack of transparency bothers me a great great deal.
Final Thoughts and Recommendation
In this final section, I go back to answer the question of this article. Is ClickBank University a scam?
The answer is definitely NO.
In fact, it is one of the better business training platforms out there and ClickBank is a reputable marketplace where people are making an honest living from.
Still, I didn’t like the idea of packaging the affiliate and vendor training together. It seems wonderful to have two choices for the price of one. However, CBU’s focus is on vendor training (product creation) and you would be better served by other affiliate training platforms if your goal is to be a successful affiliate marketer.
In short, I would give CBU my Thumbs Up or Like (in Facebook language) but it is not my top-rated choice.
If you are interested in affiliate marketing, I have a strong alternative for you. It is my top-rated training platform and I would recommend it for the following reasons.
- FREE 7-day Starter Membership for you to try
- Step by step training that gets updated regularly
- Access to a growing community of internet marketers via their highly responsive Live Chat / Ask a question platforms
- Fixed price of $49 per month for Premium Access to all resources
- State of the art Website Builder plus free web hosting for 2 websites (FREE Starter Membership)
- For Premium Members, you are entitled to free web hosting for up to 25 websites
- Once you join as a Premium Member, all content is released to you (No drip-feed!)
- Weekly webinars that not only inform but show you how to get things done (i.e. SEO, Canva, Webinar Training, Google Analytics etc.)