TinyPNG is an online program for compressing your PNG and JPG and it is FREE with a file limit of 5 MB each. If you are using images for your website, it is important to keep their file sizes as small as possible without losing quality.
This is where TinyPNG performs very well and I have no qualms to recommend it to anyone who is looking for an image compression tool.
WHAT I LIKE 🙂
- Free to use (batch compression for up to 20 images, each image no more than 5 MB)
- If you need to do a lot of image optimisation, get the PRO version for $25 a year. For its great quality, the price is reasonable and a good investment
- Friendly user interface, easy to use drag and drop
- Optimisation of up to 50-80% is possible (Your website is going to love it!)
- Plugins available for WordPress and Photoshop. (A fee $50 is required for the Photoshop plugin and for WordPress, the free plugin has a limit of 500 optimised images per month)
- The PANDA…I think his name is George. He is not just a cute mascot but highly knowledgable about PNG and JPG. Just look at his answers in the FAQ
WHAT I WOULD LIKE 😉
- There is no option to crop, resize the original images before optimising
I am really satisfied with TinyPNG. It is free to use but the quality is GREAT. This is important as I won’t go for free but poor quality products that will cost me more in terms of effort and time down the stretch. If you are looking for a quality image optimiser, do check out TinyPNG.
It is easy to use, and you shouldn’t have any difficulty, even for non-techy people like myself. Just in case you ran into a problem, just ask Panda George. He’s always around! 🙂
For rating, I give it a 4.5 Pandas out of 5. Great Job!
Like this article? Share it!